- "Cookies" means small files sent to your browser from a web server and stored in your computer.
- "Information of a Non-Personal Nature" means any non-confidential, non-proprietary information derived from your connection to this website, such as your Internet browser, domain name and referrer link.
- "Personal Information" means personally-identifiable information including, without limitation, your name, street address, telephone number, personal email address, credit card information and food preferences.
Information of a Non-Personal Nature
As a general policy, with the exception of IP addresses, no Personal Information is automatically collected from visitors to this website. Cara may gather and analyse IP addresses and certain Information of a Non-Personal Nature regarding website usage by visitors to this website. Such data is used in an aggregate form to assist Cara in determining general usage patterns and to administer, diagnose problems with, and fine tune the layout of this website. We may share non-personal, summary, or aggregate customer data with partners and other third parties at our discretion.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Cara may use Personal Information to contact you, to process and store the Personal Information so that we are able to better understand you and how we can improve our products and services, for editorial, feedback or other fully disclosed purposes, such as to enter you into a contest, respond to a future online order or respond by email to an inquiry that you posed on-line. We may also match your Personal Information that you provide to us on this website to information contained in our database. Your Personal Information may also be used by Cara to contact you regarding other products or services, which may be of interest to you (including those that we may offer jointly with other companies).
We will not give, sell, rent, or loan any of your Personal Information to any third party (with the exception of third parties performing functions on our behalf who have an obligation to keep your information completely confidential or a third party who buys our business) unless you have authorized us to do so.
Cara reserves the right to access and/or disclose Personal Information where required to comply with applicable laws or lawful government requests or, in Cara's reasonable opinion, to operate this website properly and securely, or to protect Cara or visitors to this website. Cara, acting reasonably, shall attempt to obtain the prior consent of the individual to whom such Personal Information relates prior to disclosure to third parties. Your Personal Information may be stored on servers hosted in the United States or otherwise outside of Canada.
A Note to Parents
Cara is very sensitive to privacy issues and is committed to protecting the online privacy of children and making the Internet safe for our users. As a result, no Personal Information should be submitted to or posted on this site by children under the age of 18 without their parent's or guardian's permission, or have the child's parent or guardian consent on his or her behalf. In addition, if a user younger than 18 wishes to send us Personal Information, he or she must first give us his or her parent's or guardian's email address so that we can obtain their permission. No Personal Information will knowingly be accepted from a child under 18 before this permission is obtained.
If your child has already provided us with Personal Information, you may ask to see this information for the purpose of correcting it, or ask us to delete this information from our records entirely (see "Who to Contact" below.)
- see Personal Information that you have already sent us so that you can correct, update or delete your Personal Information from our files;
- once your child under 18 has sent us Personal Information, see that Personal Information so that you can correct, update or delete it;
- once your child under 18 has sent us Personal Information, delete that Personal Information from our files;
- ask that we not send you mailings or otherwise contact you; or
- Please contact the Cara Web Administrator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by regular mail at:
Cara Operations Limited
Gift Card Orders
199 Four Valley Drive
Vaughan, ON L4K 0B8